Housing Institute 2023
Now in its 16th year, MHP's Housing Institute is designed for municipal officials, employees, volunteers, and advocates interested in the creation and preservation of affordable housing in their communities. This intensive two-day training actively engages participants in discussion and problem-solving activities related to the development of affordable housing in Massachusetts.
Day one took place virtually on Wednesday, June 14, followed by an in-person day on Thursday, June 15 at Devens Common Center, 27 Andrews Parkway, Devens, MA.
This year's topics include:
- Examining senior affordable housing
- Eliminating barriers to participation for community engagement
- Enacting market-responsive housing policies
- An update on MHP's Complete Neighborhoods Initiative
- Leveraging public land for affordable housing
- Creating and supporting Local Action Units
- Building local fair housing capacity
- Local tools for financing affordable housing
The agenda can be found here.
Day One: Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Day Two: Thursday, June 15, 2023
No recording, in-person only.